Muka sembab macam kemasai kata orang utagha,kaki sembab@bengkak(bila ditekan dengan ibujari pada bukulali atau betis nampak macam ‘telom’ atau berlubang cam gini)
kencing ada protien@proteinuria(fizikalnya nampak air kencing berbuih macam airsabun),paras kolesterol dalam darah melampau tahap normal@hyperlipidaemia,paras albumin dalam darah rendah@hypoalbuminaemia?
Apa maknanya itu?Itulah Nephrotic Syndrome ,sejenis sakit buah pinggang yang mana there is abnormal leakage of protein, low levels of proteins in blood and swelling of body parts. Boleh berlaku pada kanak-kanak seawal usia 2 tahun….
Nephrotic syndrome..pada yang pernah mengalaminya please avoid this foods:-
• The main aim of nutritional management of Nephrotic syndrome is to replace the protein loss by having an adequate intake of proteins. However high intake of protein must be avoided to prevent any tubular damage to the kidneys caused by filtering of the excess proteins.
• Sodium intake in diet should be low.
• Fat intake should also be low.
• Fluid intake should be restricted as per the physician’s advice.
Foods that can be taken:
• Cow’s milk, skimmed milk
• Wheat, cereals, sprouts, pulses and legumes .
• Eggs, fish, dry fish, chicken, lean meat, etc.
• Vegetables and fruits
• Soups, sauces, chocolate drinks, juices, etc (but with low sodium content)
• Wafers, popcorns, chutneys which are prepared in less salt.
• Moderate to low intake of vegetable oils, butter and mayonnaise.
• Noodles, spaghetti, pancakes, etc (low in salt)
Foods to be avoided in nephrotic syndrome:
• Excess of protein should be avoided because a very high protein diet may cause tubular damage to the kidneys as the kidneys will have to filter more of the proteins. But moderate protein intake (about 1 gm/kg body weight) is mandatory to compensate for the protein loss in the urine.
• High amount of fats should be avoided as the cholesterol and triglyceride levels tend to be high in patients with Nephrotic syndrome. The diet must be high in calories so as to conserve proteins, yet low in fats. Excess of oily food and saturated fats (ghee, margarine, etc) should be avoided.
• Sodium in the diet should be minimum so as to prevent fluid accumulation and oedema. The foods that are high in sodium content and thereby should be avoided are:
:. Salted wafers, popcorns, salted biscuits, snacks, chips, etc .
:. Papads – all varieties
:. Salted pickles, chutneys, curry powder – commercial preparations
:. Commercial salad dressings and sauces. Soup cubes
:. Bakery products, bread, biscuits
:. Salted cashew nuts, pistachio, walnuts, peanuts
:. Commercial cheese, preservative containing foods, noodle mixes, pastas
:. Salted or canned meat
:. Foods containing baking soda and ajinomoto